Sunday, June 21, 2015

YEY TO NEW BEGINNINGS !!

The first few weeks of June have been very testing, not just for me but for everybody around me as well! It's been a month which has broken my comfort zones and of many I know. The only comfort that can be derived from all this is from the lines,' Change is for the better!'



For me, at a professional level major organizational changes in my company have demanded that I step into a new role. I took up the challenge with mixed feelings. I am excited about learning a whole new field of work and expanding my work profile but at the same time there is nervousness about fitting in and meeting expectations. On  weighing the options of sticking on to my previous profile (which I can confidently say that I have a good grip on) versus moving on to something new and very coveted at this point had me in a fix for sometime but in the end my thirst to experiment, explore new territories and test my own capabilities got the better of me. After all , I never want to turn back at a lost oppurtunity and say, 'What if?'



My dear friend R, has decided to leave his small little apartment which had been his abode for a good number of years for something more spacious in Mumbai. As he beings this arduous journey of finding himself a little space in the city of skyscrapers, the situation has been complicated by Rain Gods. Mumbai experienced heavy rainfall in the past one week making the sea waves rise to a good three feet and flood the streets. The traffic come to a virtual standstill. Murphy ' s law at its best!

And history repeats itself! My little cousin sister, D, is all grown up now , ready to enter college. Coincidently she decided to take up my stream ,  medicine that is. The  coincidence doesn't end there cause she even qualified and chose the same college  as mine. As she prepares for the new chapter in her life and sends a volley of wassapp updates and images from the college, I get this strong urge to be with her there! Indeed the time spent at the college campus was a period I remember very fondly and which I am very proud of.

Yey to new beginnings cause they bring with them much excitement,  butterflies in the stomach and uncertainty to what the future holds! The beauty of life lies in its unpredictability!

7 comments:

Hey its me gautam said...

Yes Dr. Shilpa you are totally correct. We should say Yey to new beginnings and accept changes in order to grow in our life.

Unknown said...

Those mountains are gorg! Love the scenery! Thanks for the cool share.

http://www.simplysassystyle.com

dawn

Ananya Mukherjee said...

Great post..Loved reading this

Unknown said...

This is my lifestyle!I love learning about new things and take challenges.This is how I feel alive!

Little Miss Honey said...

Yey to new beginnings. I love the start of month because it means to start anew and to embark in new challenges

Unknown said...

Shilpa its good to be back at your blog. Best wishes for your position at your office.
<a href="http://whatfatemahsays.com>Fatemah Sajwani | What Fatemah Says </a >

Marie said...

This inspired me to continue with my new journey as a head of a travel agency. It's scary but at the same time I'm also excited for what's ahead of me.

You are very strong for taking up that challenge! :)